Zachuo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
John Simon

Workshop on Configuration of Web Hosting Platforms & Administration of Web Systems Empty Workshop on Configuration of Web Hosting Platforms & Administration of Web Systems

Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:34 am
.C H U O C H A U S I M A M I ZI WA F E D H A T H E I N S T I T U T E O F  F I N A N C E M A N A G E M E N T (ESTABLISHED UNDER THE ACT No. 3 OF 1972) ======================================================================
SHAABAN ROBERT STREET
P. O . BOX  3918,
TEL:  2112931 - 4; 2114817                
FAX:      2112935
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA.

REF: WORKSHOP ON CONFIGURATION OF WEB HOSTING PLATFORMS & ADMINISTRATION OF WEB SYSTEMS
Many organizations use web systems such as websites or specified web applications for receiving, processing, storing and distributing information among their various domains of stakeholders. Websites in particular, had been used as a communication platform within the organization and with the outside world. Now day’s websites are regarded among the icons and identity of the organization. Lack of competent technical skills-set in setup, administer and secure the web hosting platform may results to high running cost on the web applications, hacking or negatively impact on the organization reputation. Therefore, the proper deployment, administration and safeguarding on the web system hosting platform is an essential skill for any webmaster in the organization. Regard to this understanding the Institute of Finance Management proudly announces the workshop on configuration of web hosting platform & administration of web systems, to provide participants with competent knowledge and skills on effective designing, configuring and administer their organization web hosting platform.  

Learning Outcomes  
At the end of the training, participants are expected to be able to:  
 1. Install Linux operating system. 
 2. Use advanced Linux commands to administer user accounts and packages. 
 3. Configure web server and virtual hosting.  
 4.Configure MySQL database, PHP, phpMyAdmin and related packages in Linux OS.  
 5. Configure and administer the file transfer protocol (FTP).   
 6. Configure and use the web administration packages such as webmin.  
 7. Administer web systems using ftp tools such as coreftp, fileZilla etc. 
 8.Backup and Recovery Methods; scp, dump, cron jobs and remote access using ssh.  
 9. Configure security controls such as TCP wrappers, SELinux etc to safeguard web systems.  

Target group
  This training is relevant to the webmasters and ICT technical staffs that administer websites and related web systems in their organizations.  

Training Approach  
Delivery approach will be through practical to give participants hand-on skills.

Venue and Dates
Bagamoyo from 23/07/2018 to 27/07/2018 Time: 0800hrs to 1600hrs. Dar es Salaam at IFM main campus from 06/08/2018 to 10/08/2018 Time: 0800hrs to 1600hrs. Mwanza at IFM campus from 20/08/2018 to 24/08/2018 Time: 0800hrs to 1600hrs.

Fees
 A fee of TZS 1,500,000/= will be charged to cover training materials, breakfast, refreshments, lunch and certificate of participation. Participants will have to arrange for their own lodge.  We kindly request you to deposit the fees to The Rector IFM, through Acc. no 01J1042984102 CRDB Bank.  

How to apply You can apply  by calling the below number .Application deadline is one week before the workshop commencing date.

For more information contact +255713376533 or +255222112931-4
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum